1. Wrapping or gift bags? wrapping. my first job was at 15 in the gift wrap department at Macy’s.
2. Real or artificial tree? this year it is a real tree, but it is outside. i have two asthmatics in the house who can’t handle a real tree, so we have an artificial one. Problem is, Ariel the tree-eating kitty doesn’t know it’s artificial!
3. When do you put up the tree? Right after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? One year it stayed up until March. Holly was 3 and Santa was stupid enough to leave her a note that said that the Fisher Price Dream doll house would be at her house as soon as there were some available. she wouldn’t let us take the tree down, because Santa wouldn’t know what house to deliver to if the tree wasn’t up. damn thing didn’t come in until March! Luckily it was artificial.
5. Do you like eggnog? love Bud’s eggnog. but i’m allergic to casein, so it doesn’t love me back.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? my Dawn Fashion Show. 1969. very cool.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? ABSOLUTELY! it is porcelain and very much loved and treasured.
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? stepstools for the second christmas me and my husband had together. he thought he was being thoughtful. and i told him, “if i wanted to put things up on high shelves myself, i wouldn’t have married you! why the heck do you think i went out with tall guys?”
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? mail them
10. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? after thanksgiving. i can’t get into the christmas spirit until that holiday is finished.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? fudge!
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? i prefer tons of white lights. but i’m living with two colored lights lovers and i’m out voted.
14. Favorite Christmas song? Grown-up Christmas List or Breath of Heaven from Amy Grant.
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? i’d rather stay home, but in-laws on both side are an hour away.
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet, cupid, donner, blitzen, rudolph, and olive (the other reindeer)!!
17. Angel on the tree top or a star? A star. reminds me of the real reason for Christmas. “and a star shall guide you to our Saviour’s birth”
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? BOTH! christmas eve with my family. christmas day with his.
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? people that bring their overtired children to walmart and target at 11pm just so they can get some last minute shopping in. all the kids do is scream at that high pitched squeel that hurts down to your filings.
20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? it’s pretty much a hallmark tree. all of the ornaments are from there.
21. What do you leave for Santa? homemade chocolate chip cookies, and a big glass of milk, and carrots for the reindeer!
22. Least favorite holiday song? The little drummer boy. i can’t stand the “pah rum pah pum pum”
23. Favorite ornament? My Un-deer. we got it from 7-up when i was a little girl.